Saturday, April 14, 2007

Road Trip

Hi there! Today we rounded in the morning on our hospital patients, then headed off to another town about 2 hours away, again on our bumpy red dirt road.



We got to take a look at what the people here make as crafts and had the chance to purchase souvenirs. We saw a lot of beautiful, colorful baskets.


We also went through a market and saw their fresh produce and odds and ends they sell there as we wound our way through it like a maze.










There were several odd smells there. :) I loved it as we walked by you would always hear a child say from afar, "Hallo." They are such friendly people and always willing to greet you and welcome you here. It feels very comfortable in that respect.

Last night we added two more to our team. We have two family practice physicians (one attending and one resident) from Tennessee. We also had one of the dads fly back yesterday. So, we are a total of 9 volunteers plus the two full-time missionaries and we are still busy! It's so amazing how we have our own little family here and we get the opportunity to share the Word every morning together and every meal together. We all came as individuals following God's plan for us and look, He put us all together! It's like we were a team designed from the beginning. I love how God does things like this!






Also, as we were driving today, I loved seeing the landscape scenery here. It is a sea of red dirt with shrubbery and trees set against a blue sky. It is quite colorful as I noticed from the plane's perspective when we landed. It was like a red painted map. Our patients in the hospital are doing okay. Of all of the children, I would say that two right now are extremely emaciated. Please pray for them all.

I'm on call tonight, so please pray for that, too, with whatever emergencies we may have. We are rounding in a bit tonight, too, and finishing up some procedures, since we were away today. Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm so excited to go to church here!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your call tonight & especially for your little children who need miracles. Sounds pretty there--pristine. Glad you had a good day/road trip. May church be a special blessing for all of you tomorrow! I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zsila,
    I love each one of your stories. They are so moving-I feel as though I am there with you. I am praying for you every day and for all your patients and their needs. It must feel so awesome to be able to minister to them. I would love to do mission work some day. I am praying for your abdominal discomfort-hope it is better. Love you, Kathy B

    ReplyDelete