Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hi from Ghana!

Hey there! I'm going to try this out and see if I'm able to keep up with it. I've already let you know that I'm here and following a passion that He put on my heart a year ago to serve somewhere. Little did I know then it would be here in Nalerigu, Ghana in West Africa. I've served in several countries, but this is the first time in Africa. I'm so excited for the opportunity and the blessings in store. As you know, we are working at the Baptist Medical Centre, a hospital with in-patients and an out-patient clinic. Hundreds of patients come from all over to be seen.



The best thing about this is that God uses health to unite people from all backgrounds. They all need health-care and so they come and also learn about Christ and His healing hands and will for eternal life. I was just in Israel last month and was so amazed with the actual proof we have of believing in Him, yet He says we are to be blessed for living by faith and the unseen. So, here I am in Africa working with tribes who have not had the privilege of churches throughout their life teaching them. In fact, the part of the country that I'm in is mainly Muslim and Traditionalism. God is putting the call in so many hearts these days to go to these last lands and bring the message. Jesus asked us to and then He'll come back. I don't know about you, but I was just standing on the Mount of Olives last month gazing into the sky and at the Eastern Gates on the Old Wall super-excited about Him coming again right there in that very place. Honestly, it was surreal.
Things here are very primitive and I'm so amazed that people live with diseases, tumors, or ulcers for so long without any help. They finally make it here and can be helped. The missionaries here are so devoted and need much prayer. We are working hard in the heat, but that is what we came to do. I pray we will have many opportunities through the translators to share Christ. Please pray for that. I know they see something different with this hospital because they travel miles to come here when they have a hospital in other big cities that are much closer. Maybe they see the Christ in those who come to work here. There's more than just physical treatment here.
Well, just a quick note to share for now.

6 comments:

  1. MISS YOU, ZSI! Love you & praying for you...Case

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want photos! I miss you too! Love Amy, Eddie and your God daughter Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet Zsila, I am praying for you every day. I know you will be used in mighty ways for His glory! I can't wait to hear more.
    Love you, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zsi, I'm thrilled at the blessings God is showering you, the other drs. & med students with--an amazing opportunity! What a great reminder for us of the great needs and struggles that so many others have. You are so special to the patients there & are making a tremendous difference in their lives! I'm guessing that with your every sigh & drop of sweat, God is smiling at your faithfulness. So, you smile, too, because I know you'll be seeing miracles!!!
    I love you, am praying & am looking forward to the next update! -- Mom

    21Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. 22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matt. 21:21-22

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zsila - For those of us who are extremely remote to your life, your experiences are nonetheless extremely inspiring and encouraging in these last days where all we seem to hear about is the negative swirling around us. God is definitely moving in Ghana, we’ve seen it in many ways just from Rockport, Texas!! Keep it up, you have put yourself in a wonderful position to learn even more about Jesus than you already knew by continuing His work of healing and by offering Him to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zsila, Your story about the couple and their baby brought tears to my eyes. We are so blessed. I will be praying that your words will continue to resonate in those parent's minds until they come to know Jesus! It is wonderful how God is using you. Love you, Kathy B

    ReplyDelete