Saturday, April 14, 2007

Remembering the man with zeal in the airport:

I have to back up and tell you how my trip started here. I was sitting in the Houston airport just as excited as could be with anticipation of what was to come, when I found the only empty seat in the check-in area before boarding. I sat down and immediately started making last minute phone calls on my cell before heading to Africa. I actually called my roommate and left her a message about how I was praying for one of her family members. When I hung up, the man sitting next to me said, "Well, now isn't that so refreshing to hear someone these days say the word "pray." I told him I was all about it, and our conversation led to us chatting. I found out he is an engineer about my parent's age and was on his way to Egypt for work. He was absolutely passionate about Jesus and couldn't stop telling me the importance of sharing our faith. He said not enough people these days have a zeal for the Lord. This man had zeal! On our long flight, I found him and left him a note while he was sleeping. He came and found me on the plane in the morning to tell me he just had to talk to me to equip me. He shared verse after verse and effective ways to minister. I was just so comforted and amazed the Lord sent me practically an angel to watch over me and bless me as I embarked on this journey. Again, another sign of His faithfulness. That man uses every opportunity there is to share Christ. He doesn't waste a second. Remember the man with zeal!

1 comment: