Tuesday, April 24, 2007

New Growth



Yesterday, Dr. Dunn got so excited about showing us something. It was new green grass! We are here during the dry season, and they need rain. There hasn't been green grass to look at. In fact, it's almost like I'm looking at a reversed sunset, as if the red dirt would be the sky. You just see miles and miles of red out here. It is beautiful. There are trees and shrubbery. Now, we have new grass. It popped up literally overnight after the rain for a day. Can you believe it? This makes me think that really we just need to be planted and washed spiritually with a good rain of God's mercy as in the blood of Christ by believing and we, too, can just sprout spiritually overnight. I got excited about the grass, but more excited about the spiritual implication the Lord was telling me about my own renewal here. I'm so excited to continue to grow after the fresh renewal here. I was talking with Elizabeth, one of the missionaries here, and she told me that people come here and leave changed. Amen. That's why we come. Last night we got two more volunteers, a med student and his wife who is not in medicine. This morning they joined in with the team and will be here for a month. Lift up their experience as well. I told the guy that he will be changed. He said that's why he came all the way across the world and then some to Nalerigu to be changed. Dr. Dunn hesitantly mentioned to me after the fact that this place has been known to be "one hundred miles beyond the Great Commission." :)

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Dunn is very witty, isn't he! :-)

    Zsi, you made a great analogy about what can occur with our spiritual growth and "awakening" to the transformation that occurs with the overnight sprouting of new green grass, especially in a sea of red dirt! I love your spiritual implication! Also, how wonderful that the Lord is again growing your family! May He continue to bless the full-time missionaries with faithful volunteers to help take care of the many needs there.
    --Mom

    ReplyDelete